Forgiveness is something God gives us when we repent.
Repentance is something we bring to God when we recognize and acknowledge our sin, and are so overwhelmed with guilt that we want nothing more than to be freed from it.
This is where Mercy and Grace come in, for:
- Grace is when we don’t deserve something good, but it’s given to us anyway.
- Mercy is when we deserve something bad, but the punishment is pardoned, or forgiven completely.
There are 2 types of Grace: Costly and Cheap. Here are some links to help understand each, as well as where Forgiveness fits in:
- Abuse of God’s Grace
- By the Grace of God…
- By What Standards Should We Judge?
- Can Christians Forgive the Dead Past?
- Christian Lite
- Does God Forgive All Sins?
- Dog Poop and Forgiveness
- Faith Alone?
- Forgiveness Without Repentance?
- God and Forgiveness
- Take You Back
- Wanderers From the Truth
- What Does God Think of You?
- What is Atonement?
- What is Lent Really About?
- What’s Communion All About?
- What Was the Mark of Cain?
- Who is God’s Remnant?
- Who Really Deserves Eternal Torment?
- Why Did God Send Jesus?
- You’re Guilty Too